There are two ways of exerting one’s strength: one is pushing down. The other is pulling up.- Booker T. Washington
When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure. – Peter Marshall
Many pressures abound in our daily lives and are really distractions from our dreams, passions and purpose. The dream of becoming a business tycoon, brilliant academic, one-stop advocate, excellent medical practitioner and powerful minister of the gospel; just lie low and wasted because we refuse to mount pressures on ourselves to get the best out of our present situation. Some persons opine that life is a roller coaster, some believe that what will be will be, and we have others who give in to fate and assert that they have faith in fate. However, the best life has to offer is obtained when we go for the gold rather than sit back and wait for the “baboon dey work, monkey dey chop” kind of results.
Pressures That Kill Vision:
• What will be will be mentality: Oh no, what will be will not be until you cause it to be. Everything that has ever happened in life is an effect of a cause. God CREATED heavens and earth, you are a PRODUCT of lovemaking between your parents, the beautiful garden you love to go was PLANTED, that Porsche car was MADE. Build that ministry, career, business, marriage, relationship, education, life. Success is NOT AN ACCIDENT; nothing in life is an accident. Ralph Waldo Emerson submits, “Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.”
• Irresponsibility: Irresponsibility is a sister to negligence (but I have not met their father. Smiles). Everything that is of value if not cherished and nurtured will die and go into oblivion. Irresponsibility says, “It does not matter; someone else will do it; I am not the only staff here, or partner in this relationship or partnership” and bla bla bla. Take responsibility for your actions and inactions and stand up to take the blame or the beacon whenever it comes.
• Distractions: This is every creeping things of life that look good yet is tantamount to nothing. Distraction seeks your attention and gives you nothing in return. When the only thing you remember in a relationship, business or any engagement is, the fun and laughter and NO VALUE ADDED to your credentials that were a distraction.
• Procrastination: Procrastination is a disease and many great men had to fight it to meet up with demands and stay afloat. Do not do tomorrow what today affords you to do, today is ours and tomorrow is God’s.
Pressures That Sustain and Push Vision into Fulfilment:
• Time-bound goals: This will get you on your toes brainstorming and working towards achieving the set goals. It will also help in the judicious use of time and keeping from distractions.
• Learning for personal development: Learning to improve one’s life, business, career and ministry is a sure way to mount positive pressures. You can learn more about ICT, leadership, and health-related courses on a seminar or workshop platforms. However, whatever knowledge been acquired should be geared towards one’s vision, passion and purpose in life.
• Community or individual free services: This will help one become responsible.
• Sourcing for information: Reading books, novels, articles and essays help a lot to keep the mind bubbling with ideas for relevance. It will also sharpen the mind with mental ideas about one’s vision, purpose and passion in life.
Practically engage the above and see your life blossom. I awesomely believe you have had this article worthwhile reading and learning. Kindly apply them to your life and give us feedback via comments and sharing. I am obliged to you!
Writer: Boluwatife Olugbemiga