The pain Tunde endured before securing a job aroused the boss in him. Life can be quite unfair especially to those who want to please everyone. Such was the case of Babtunde Adams. After all the rigid stages of acquiring a degree, serving his fatherland for 12 months, it is very reasonable to say he should get a nice paying job ASAP, but only a few are this lucky.
In the job hunt, you are advised to stay versatile, polite, valuable, presentable and maybe likeable for the recruiter. Job interviews involve scrutiny. The organizations do not only want someone for the job, they need someone fit for the job. Recruiters make sure they examine all that is there to be checked. Qualification factors range from certification to emotional intelligence and moral uprightness. They try to find out what the weakness of their applicant is. If it’s a weakness they can cope with, they might consider recruiting and if not, they say the usual: “we will get back to you“. Well, they never do.
The illustration you have just read depicts how a business organization runs to ensure continuous progress.
How about you as a person? Your life is your business. You shouldn’t joke with it. It’s ridiculous, how people allow bad vibes into their lives, mess it up and leave unapologetically. It may be bad on their account but it’s carelessness on your part as the victim. There are certain people that should never find their way into our hearts even if they wear the most expensive attires.
God is the CEO of your life and you are the boss! This is not about money majorly, but then it digresses to it. Why? It’s a fact that if you succeed in having the right people in your life; you will make it in no time. Your life is like a business entity, it is actually. Friends are like clients and workers. You should learn to differentiate people based on their value and the value they add to you.
I have decided to make this an easy one for you. Here we go:
1. CEO (Chief Executive Officer): This is God’s title. He owns the position, He is the owner of your life. Don’t drag the position with Him. He oversees all your endeavours as long as you let Him know about it.
2. Managing Director: This position is solely for you. You are the boss. You call the shots in alignment with the interest of the CEO.
3. Personal Assistance (P.A.): This is likened to your best friend. One who is there most times when you’re confused, happy or sad. Best friends know virtually everything shareable about you. You should not allow a random person to get this close to you. It should be appointed to a deserving person.
4. Workers: Government parastatals have levels. You need that ideology as well. Place people where they ought to be. You need some persons closer than others at specific times and for distinct reasons.
5. Clients: These categories are for short term acquaintance. You probably met at a meeting, motor pack, wedding, etc. and that was all. No responsibility attached. The best they can do is to help you achieve one or two things in life and they are gone.
You will do well with your life than you are doing now if you understand and adopt this mentality. Check the rich folks, they don’t keep people in their lives for anything. It’s either you are deliberately helping someone or someone is helping you. Else you will be wasting away. Awaken the boss in you. Take up the management of your life, sack those that need to go. This may hurt but it’s worth it. Take time and wisdom to appoint the right minds to their deserving positions. It takes being intentional to live a life of happiness. This is one way to go about it. Good luck!
Writer: Faith Kehinde