When you see the phrase, Handle with Care, what does your mind suggest? It’s hilarious how in this part of the world, we do the exact opposite of simple instructions. You see an inscription on the wall: Don’t Touch! Then, your senses steer you to imagine: if I touch it, what will happen? I don’t comprehend why people yearn to be adventurous the wrong way. What if you did it and disappeared? That’s superstitious, yeah? Let’s try this! What if you touched the wall and it got smudged? We pay so much attention to contradicting directives that we forget the consequences of our noncompliance.
I’d like to think these words are piercing through your heart and you’re trying to remember those orders you’ve flouted. The truth is we are all guilty. Nobody loves to be challenged, we all want to do what we want to do when we want to do it. Youths especially don’t like to be pushed around, that’s why you see them get into trouble all the time. I beseech you, therefore, dear readers, that you treat this piece as critical.
The Human body is composed of vital organs and it’s your duty to care for them. If you take supplements every day to improve your immune system, I see no reason why you shouldn’t give more attention to these organs:
1. Your Heart: Although the heart is the most cared for organ, some of us still treat it like it’s the least. You permit all sorts of hurt, pain and damage by accommodating toxic people. You get into relationships you don’t derive joy from and you refuse to leave because you’re scared of what people will say. Let me ask you! Who’s gullible? You or “people”? Get rid of those negative vibes and live long.
2. Your Liver: The emotion of Anger can cause resentment and irritability. You won’t believe this is stored up in the liver and gall bladder. Anger can cause headache and hypertension which can affect the stomach and the spleen. When I found out anger wouldn’t do me good, I switched to keeping mute when people piss me off. You should keep quiet more.
3. Your Kidney: If fear is felt too deeply and for a prolonged period of time, it can affect your kidney. Have you ever wondered why you always wanna pee when you’re skittish? It’s important you stay calm in whatever situation you find yourself.
4. Your Lungs: Grief is known to affect the lungs and in most cases it can cause shortness of breath. 😲 How’s it gonna be? What happens when you stop breathing? Be wise!
5. Your Eyes: The Eye is the light of the body. What you see is what you believe. What do you watch and read? How polluted have you made yourself through the images you observe daily? Train your eyes to behold good things, see the beauty in you and draw out your inner awesomeness.
I bet you are startled, yeah? Do you now understand the reasons why people drop dead unexpectedly? It’s really sad, you know. Things that can be avoided should be averted now. The truth is, there’s more! Just take care of yourself and live long to fulfil your dreams and goals.
Stay Safe, Remain Awesome!
Writer: Damilare Ojo