How many times do you eat daily? I’ve heard people say idleness impels them to eat, now, I absolutely concur. If we all had the opportunity to examine our weight, we’d scream for help (LOL). Eating and remaining in a spot can be really cunning. Wait till this is over and observe if your clothes would fit. Keeping fit is a state of mind and you’ve got to be volitional about it. Take, for example, I tried abstaining from some classes of food but laziness and ignorance wouldn’t let me. Do I have a testifier in the house?
The moment people hear “Keep Fit”, they conclude it’s all about the physique. Who says you can’t be mentally, spiritually and emotionally fit? When was the last time you intentionally read books or joined therapy sessions to boost your mental health? How often do you listen to podcasts to develop your mind and soul? Let’s go spiritual! You grumble you don’t have the time to go to church, now there’s a lockdown, you spend the whole day tweeting and uploading pictures, ignoring your church’s live stream service. Oh, let me get your point, you don’t have data but you have a Bible. I bet it’s really dusty now. Don’t get me wrong, you won’t die. However, the benefits outweigh the drawbacks. A man who invests more time developing himself will thrive more than a lethargic individual.
Let’s not deceive ourselves, you’ve got to live a balanced life. How? Take calculated steps to grow in all facets of your life.
Oh well, this piece is aimed at suggesting ways to keep fit physically and I won’t deviate further. Here are a few ways to keep fit staying at home as suggested by WebMD.
• Avoid Boredom: As aforementioned, being bored could make you consume more. Spend time doing something that makes you forget the food.
• Find an Exercise Partner: I totally agree with this. Getting a partner makes it all easy. Both of you get the chance to check on each other and monitor your fitness goals.
• Track your Progress and note down your achievements.
• Fruits are way better than junks: Replace eating junk food with fruits (I’m guilty of this too). They help purge your system and make you look fresh.
• Jug in your room.
• Drink water.
• Maintain a healthy sleeping habit.
• Stay away from late-night meals.
The following are Apps that can help you track your fitness progress.
• Google Fit
• Home Workout: No equipment
And a lot more.
When the lockdown is over, ensure everyone says you are glowing.
Keep fit, stay happy!
Writer: Damilare Ojo