I bet you’d agree with the fact that the world is on holiday. Working from home has become a reality that we all must leave with and it’s paramount we all understand the rudiments of our “new” workspace. As a Human Resource Personnel, it’s my duty to share a few tips on how you can remain proficient and productive in these times.
• Have a secluded Workspace: it’s important you carve out a workstation for yourself; it’d help you be in the work mood. Although this looks funny, we’d like to suggest you dress like you always do to work. It’d give you morale and trigger your mind to embrace the latest development.
•Stay off Social Media: this is one big barrier to your productivity. Since there’s no one to check on you, you’d feel free to do whatever you like. You’d be surprised at how much time you’d spend checking your notifications. Ensure you break up with your Smartphone unless the nature of your job warrants being on social media.
• Create a schedule: schedules really work. Set daily goals and possibly design a time-table for yourself. Make a list of your deliverables and ensure you follow them religiously.
• Don’t you dare procrastinate: the well-known enemy of success is procrastination. Stop being lazy, do what you’re expected to do at the set time.
• Remember your organization will carry out an appraisal at the end of the year: keeping this in mind will help you stay focused. There’s really no excuse for not carrying out your tasks.
• Take a break: we are humans not machines; you should know when to take a nap. Give yourself a break when it’s required and take out time to relax, you need it!
Stay safe, stay aware and stay focused!
Writer: Damilare Ojo