If you think you belong to the “pepper dem” gang, gather here! You shouldn’t label yourself a king/queen if you don’t have the knowledge of who they really are. They possess poise, class, unique virtues, insight, etc. Check yourself out now and see if you have just one of these qualities. Your buddies call you “Slay Mama/Papa” and you feel dressing to kill, having all the gadgets in the world and amassing wealth qualifies you to be recognized. Biko shift! Let’s teach you how to slay…
1. She’s got GOD: you were expecting something different, yeah? Dear Ladies, if you really wanna sweep people off their feet, you’ve gotta be a carrier of God’s presence. Yeah! Be the kinda woman that draws others to Christ. Heard of Queen Hadassah (Esther)? She “slayed” perfectly and earned her people freedom. Don’t be an empty barrel! Get God, get attention. Read Proverbs 31: 10 – 31.
2. She’s got CHARACTER: beauty is vain dear sisters. If you’re gonna slay, you must have a unique personality. Make people who come in contact with you stunned by the attitudes you depict. Let them say: I don’t believe there are still ladies like this (in a positive way of course). Leave them jaw dropped, mesmerized and thrilled. Your character can take you places you didn’t anticipate. Be meek, loving, accommodating, cheerful, innovative and supportive.
3. She’s got BRAIN: this one is deep, yeah? I was invited to a party sometime last year and as I was talking with my friend, a lady walk into the hall and it felt like an angel dropped from heaven. The fragrance of her Cologne blew me away and I felt like I hadn’t started enjoying life (LOL). I’m sure every other woman in the hall felt the same way. The shakara was just too much. Since she looked dashing, the MC called her out for a game (I couldn’t wait to hear her speak). He asked a simple question and this fine sister disappointed us all in a very embarrassing way. No one is saying you shouldn’t dress up oh, what I’m implying is you don’t carry yourself in such a way that people begin to feel uneasy when you appear. Do everything you can to improve yourself mentally, please. Read books, take courses and add value to yourself. Don’t be like sister Angelica (LOL).
4. She’s got CLASS: don’t go about forming proud woman oh. Please comport yourself and have high integrity. Associate with the right set of people and give yourself respect. Ensure you’re in the right place at the right time and do everything you can to bring smiles to the faces of those around you. If you want to be recognized, do everything you should to be recognized. Respect is usually earned and not enforced, be wise.
5. She’s ORGANISED: planning and management are essential skills for women. Learn how to plan your activities and manage resources. Stop wasting money!!! They will give you 100,000 naira and the first thing you think of is wig (haba aunty, receive sense).
Let’s stop here.
1. He’s got GOD: remember, it’s God over everything. Abraham was a friend of God and till today, we still claim his blessings. Develop a close relationship with God to attract the right woman. A good woman is only attracted to a good man, be led.
2. He’s got VISION: you should know where you’re headed. Don’t just live life as it comes, be very much involved. Have goals for your life (they must be aligned with God’s plans) and work towards them. Women love to follow men that can lead, lead yourself first before you think of leading another person.
3. He’s got MANNERS: men like to think only ladies should be of good behaviour. This is an absurd thought my brother, you need to have a good character. Be patient, accommodating, kind, peaceful and humble. Don’t go about boasting because you have some change in your account.
4. He’s PRESENTABLE: kindly appear spic and span all the time. Don’t give people reasons to cover their nose at your sight (LOL). No matter how creative you are, if you’re not presentable, people won’t notice you. Clean up!!!
5. He’s BALANCED: as a man, you should learn how to prioritize. Manage your day, time, finances and relationships efficiently.
These are some of the numerous qualities every supposed slay king/queen should have. You want to have a pretty crown? Earn it! Be careful so you don’t SLAY yourself.
Don’t forget to drop your comments and share the article.
Writer: Damilare Ojo