I was in church over the weekend and a message was released to the congregation. Personally, I don’t joke with Ministers’ words because they are usually for our benefit. The statement that provoked my thought is: You can receive your breakthrough through things of less significance (things you never thought would do any good) and my mind shifted to this Bible verse:
The stone which the builders refused is become the headstone of the corner – Psalm 118: 22
It boils down to one fact: NOTHING IS USELESS IN YEAR 2020.
If you check all the accounts in the Bible, you’d notice one thing: Jesus performed miracles using unimaginable things. It’s important we carry out our activities this year with so much awareness. Be sensitive to things around you and be conscious of the fact that your miracle could happen anywhere and anyhow.
The following are ways to stay on the lookout:
• Believe: God’s promises only apply to those who believe in Him and trust that He alone can solve the problems of their lives. You can’t expect you’d get anything from God when you are far away from Him. You must be willing to move closer to Him than ever before, you must believe His words and confess He is the only true God.
If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer – Matthew 21: 22
• Humility Attracts: I saw this phrase for the first time on a friend’s WhatsApp status and I thought it through thoroughly. To be humble means to see yourself as nothing before God. A man/woman who humbles him/herself will definitely be elevated. Stop belittling everything/one that comes your way, shun egocentricity. Don’t feel bigger than God Himself, so, you don’t miss that which is yours. Hey! It won’t cost God anything to replace you, step down from the throne of pride and let God work in you. Humility attracts promising things, be wise.
Pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall – Proverbs 16: 18
• Serve: what’s your responsibility in God’s vineyard? The doctrines in the secular world also apply in the spiritual realm. Find something doing in God’s house, don’t be a regular churchgoer. I’m sure there are so many units in your church; you are probably feeling too big to join others. Who says you can’t start your own ministry? I know an old woman who took it upon herself to visit new converts in the church, today, she’s abroad enjoying herself in her old age. You noticed the toilet is always unkempt, why don’t you take it upon yourself to buy toiletries? You can serve with your money too… What will you be remembered for in the house of God?
God is not unjust; He will not forget your work and love you have shown as you have helped His people and continue to help them – Hebrews 6: 10
• Pray: this is one way of communicating with God. Yes, He knows the intents of your heart but He wants you to ask. Don’t be lazy, talk to your Father and watch Him bless you immeasurably.
Men ought always to pray and not to faint – Luke 18: 1
• Flee Iniquity: sin is one huge enemy of God. Although He loves sinners, He detests what they do. If you are the type that rejoices in social vices, STOP! You are dragging God’s blessings away from you and indirectly incurring His wrath. Whatever your misdeeds are, He is just too merciful, He’d forgive you.
Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy – Proverbs 28: 13
• Don’t Murmur: another thing God hates is murmuring. If you’re the type that nags all the time, you’ve got to develop the habit of thanking God whatever your situation is. No matter what you face, trouble or goodness, praise His name. In the process of wailing, you might just be so blind to see the good things right in front of you.
Do all things without grumbling and disputing – Philippians 2: 14
Remember the Headline, Something Worthless. Pay attention henceforth, pray for the spirit of discernment and renew your relationship with God. He’s got your back…
Do you feel blessed? If yes, copy the link and share with your loved ones.
God Bless You!
Writer: Damilare Ojo