You’ve probably heard a lot of sermons, talks, etc and read a series of articles, posts and books on how to sit up this year. In all honesty, there’s nothing new to say but I’d like to mention something you’ve perhaps not heard in a long while. That one thing that sets you apart from every other person out there is your ATTITUDE. Just before you think I’m referring to morals, you should check this out.
We all made it into the new year but some of us forgot to drop 2019 bags and baggages (old habits). We stepped into the new year with the same attitude we assumed last year and we seem to forget that nothing about us can change if we do not make conscious efforts to change that US on the inside. If you’ve got that negative mindset you had last year, I’m afraid, it’d be the same ride all over again. If you’re so judgmental, trust me, you are going nowhere. If all you do is measure your achievements with another man’s, you are hurting yourself.
Your deposition of who you are has a strong effect on who you’d become. If you have started to rate your performance now, assuming you are heading nowhere because the year has not turned out to be what you thought it will be, you are not doing yourself any good. A little faith and positivity can solve it all, you know. Of a truth, the morning shows the day but you can choose to rewrite what the morning shows. This can only happen if you are willing to be that person you ought to be.
What to do?
1. Embrace Newness: you need to understand everything is new and that includes changing who you used to be. No one is saying you should pretend, but you’ve got to drop those old habits. Identify those routines of yours that deterred you from going far and drop them at once.
2. Be Violent: this looks funny, yeah? Don’t go about fighting people (LOL). Violence in this context means being willful about getting what’s yours. 2020 sure has loads of goodies in it and you don’t want to slack. Attack all you should and grab what you should. Don’t sit on the fence waiting for people to feed you, everyone’s fighting their own battle. Stay woke!
3. Spew Bad Energy: like you’d puke at the sight of something disgusting, flee every appearance of negativity. The moment you notice anyone talking down every get idea you have, fly! You don’t want them contaminating your mindset.
4. Dig and Find: funny, yeah? The treasures are right there, are you ready to fish them out? Get the right instruments, get your acts together and DIG! Don’t stop till you find them all. You shouldn’t feel discouraged when your counterparts have their portion already, yours might just be 10minutes away. Keep digging until you find yours. Each day comes with fresh blessings and opportunities.
5. Bless: one of the major principles of acquiring wealth is giving. You can’t expect an outpour of blessings when your hands are tightly closed. Release to get more! Your cup will definitely run over, do you believe?
6. Have a plan B: although people say having a plan B means one is preparing to fail in the first instance, I’d say having a plan B amounts to having another route to your final destination. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. As much as you believe in that investment of yours, prepare to fall back on something if it doesn’t turn out well. Use your head, heart and open your eyes.
7. God is the ultimate: He alone gives the power to make wealth! He has passed through the year already and He knows how it will turn out, so, trust Him all the way.
Like I mentioned in my previous article, this year smells wonderful. Breathe the fresh air and don’t sleep off.
I wish you all a wonderful 2020.
If you enjoyed this article, kindly share with your friends on your social media platforms. This could be the best new year gift.
Writer: Damilare Ojo