In continuation of the previous article, I would be sharing the benefits of Strawberries, coconut and African Star Apple.
Coconuts have their peculiarity. A lot of by-products can be gotten from them. From coconut oil to coconut flakes, milk, etc. I remember how we were warned sternly never to drink the water if we did not want to remain daft. We believed so many myths as children. The benefits are:
• It improves digestion and absorption of nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
• It supports immune system health
• It protects the body from cancer.
• It reduces the risk of the heart.
• It protects against kidney disease and bladder infection.
• It promotes weight loss.
• It helps to keep the skin and hair healthy.
Coconut Facts: the white fleshy part of the coconut seed is called coconut meat. The meat is used fresh or dried in cooking especially in confections and desserts.
The benefits embedded in this fruit are:
• It supports the immune system.
• It helps with blood sugar regulation.
• It improves heart health.
• It promotes healthy eyesight.
• It lowers risk of stroke.
• It promotes skin vitality.
• It treats symptoms of arthritis.
Strawberry Facts: can be eaten as a snack or in various ways like smoothies, desserts, food dressings, etc.
AFRICAN STAR APPLE
Everyone is familiar with this. In this part of the world, it is popularly known as “Agbalumo” or “Udala“. You will not believe the benefits it has. They are:
• It contains more vitamin C and ascorbic acid than Orange.
• It is good for sour throat, constipation and toothache.
• It lowers blood sugar and cholesterol.
• It helps fight cancer and diabetes.
• It aids weight loss.
African Star Apple Facts: the seed is sometimes used to treat some skin infections.
Having highlighted the benefits of these fruits, I believe you would stop belittling them. Ensure you eat them from time to time to live a healthy life. Frequent consumption of fruits will make you stay away from the hospital. Remember, health is wealth! Only healthy people have the strength to make wealth.